- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
(1) These Regulations may be cited as the Disability Discrimination Act 1995 (Amendment) Regulations 2003.
(2) These Regulations shall come into force on the day after that on which they are made so far as enabling anything to be done for the purposes of preparing and bringing into force on or after 1st October 2004 a code of practice under section 53A of the 1995 Act(1) concerning any provision of that Act as it will have effect on or after that date by virtue of these Regulations.
(3) Except as provided by paragraph (2), these Regulations shall come into force on 1st October 2004.
(4) These Regulations shall not extend to Northern Ireland.
(5) In these Regulations—
“the 1995 Act” means the Disability Discrimination Act 1995(2); and
“the 1999 Act” means the Disability Rights Commission Act 1999(3).
(1) Subsection (1C) of section 17A(4) of the 1995 Act (as inserted by regulation 9(2)(c)) applies in relation to a complaint presented to an employment tribunal before the commencement date, as well as one presented on or after that date; but it does not affect any case in which a complaint was determined by an employment tribunal before the commencement date.
(2) The amendment made to section 56(3) of the 1995 Act by regulation 22(c) shall not apply in the case of a question served on a respondent before the commencement date.
(3) In paragraph (2), “question” and “respondent” shall be construed in accordance with section 56 of the 1995 Act.
(4) In this regulation, “the commencement date” means 1st October 2004.
(1) The amendments to the 1995 Act set out in Part 2 of these Regulations shall have effect.
(2) The amendments set out in Part 3 of these Regulations (in relation to the 1999 Act and other legislation) shall have effect.
Section 53A was inserted by section 9 of the 1999 Act and amended by section 36 of the Special Educational Needs and Disability Act 2001 (c. 10). It is further amended by regulation 20 of these Regulations.
Regulation 9(1) renumbers section 8 of the 1995 Act as section 17A.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: