- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. Despite the coming into force of section 38(2)(b) of the 2002 Act, the academic years in respect of which comparative statistics must be included in a report shall not include any year beginning before 1st August 2002 (so that the report in respect of 1st August 2003 to 31st July 2004 will include comparative statistics in respect of the preceding year only).
2. Despite the repeal of section 218(1)(e) of the Education Reform Act 1988, regulations 4, 5 and 7 of, and Schedule 1 to the Education (Schools and Further and Higher Education) Regulations 1989 (1) shall remain in force.
3. Despite the repeal of section 218(5) of the Education Reform Act 1988, regulations 5, 6 and 7 (and regulation 3 to the extent that it relates to those regulations) of the Education (Teachers' Qualifications and Health Standards) (England) Regulations 1999 (2) shall remain in force.
4. Despite the coming into force of section 19(1) of the 2002 Act and the repeal of section 36(1) of and Schedule 9 to the 1998 Act, all instruments of government of maintained schools shall remain in force until replaced by a new instrument of government made in accordance with the School Governance (Constitution) Regulations 2003 (3).
5. The application of Chapter 4 of Part 2 of the 1998 Act to maintained nursery schools made by the amendment of section 45 of that Act by paragraph 99 of Schedule 21 to the 2002 Act, shall have effect in the period ending immediately before 1st April 2004 only for the purpose of the financing of maintained nursery schools in any financial year beginning on and after that date.
6. Despite the coming into force of section 165 of the 2002 Act, that section (except for subsections (1), (2), (12) and (13)) shall not apply until 1st September 2005 to any school which was on 31st August 2003 provisionally registered pursuant to section 465(3) of the Education Act 1996.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: