- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
3.—(1) Section 32 of that Act (power for licensing authority to authorise more machines than are permitted by section 31) is amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (1) for “a direction under this section” substitute
in the case of any premises, a direction under subsection (2);
in the case of bingo club premises (as defined by section 20), a direction under subsection (3).”
(3) In subsection (2)(1)—
(a)for “such a request is made” substitute “a request is made for a direction under this subsection”, and
(b)for “this section” substitute “this subsection”.
(4) At the end insert—
“(3) Where a request is made for a direction under this subsection, and the licensing authority grant or renew the licence, they may, on doing so, give a direction under this subsection specifying a maximum number of AWP machines.
(4) At any time when—
(a)a direction under subsection (3) is in force, and
(b)the number of AWP machines available for gaming on the premises does not exceed the number specified in the direction,
those machines shall be disregarded for the purposes of section 31(2).
(5) An “AWP” machine is a machine to which this Part of this Act applies and in respect of which either—
(a)the conditions specified in section 34(2) and (3)(3), or
(b)the conditions specified in section 34(5B) and (5C)(4),
(6) In the case of a travelling showmen’s pleasure fair, subsection (4) does not apply to a machine which is an AWP machine by virtue of subsection (5)(a) unless the condition specified in section 34(5) is observed.”
(5) In section 34 of that Act (commercial uses of machines for gaming by way of amusement with prizes), in subsection (5E)(c), for “32” substitute “32(2)”.
Section 32(2)(b) was amended by article 7 of S.I. 1996/1359.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: