- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3.—(1) Section 32 of that Act (power for licensing authority to authorise more machines than are permitted by section 31) is amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (1) for “a direction under this section” substitute
in the case of any premises, a direction under subsection (2);
in the case of bingo club premises (as defined by section 20), a direction under subsection (3).”
(3) In subsection (2)(1)—
(a)for “such a request is made” substitute “a request is made for a direction under this subsection”, and
(b)for “this section” substitute “this subsection”.
(4) At the end insert—
“(3) Where a request is made for a direction under this subsection, and the licensing authority grant or renew the licence, they may, on doing so, give a direction under this subsection specifying a maximum number of AWP machines.
(4) At any time when—
(a)a direction under subsection (3) is in force, and
(b)the number of AWP machines available for gaming on the premises does not exceed the number specified in the direction,
those machines shall be disregarded for the purposes of section 31(2).
(5) An “AWP” machine is a machine to which this Part of this Act applies and in respect of which either—
(a)the conditions specified in section 34(2) and (3)(3), or
(b)the conditions specified in section 34(5B) and (5C)(4),
(6) In the case of a travelling showmen’s pleasure fair, subsection (4) does not apply to a machine which is an AWP machine by virtue of subsection (5)(a) unless the condition specified in section 34(5) is observed.”
(5) In section 34 of that Act (commercial uses of machines for gaming by way of amusement with prizes), in subsection (5E)(c), for “32” substitute “32(2)”.
Section 32(2)(b) was amended by article 7 of S.I. 1996/1359.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: