- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
29. (1) In making the initial determination of a maintained school’s budget share, a local education authority shall, subject to paragraphs (2), (3) and (5) and regulation 32 below, add to the amount determined in accordance with Part III, the amount which is set out in column (2) of the table below, opposite the description of that school in column (1).
|Description of school||Amount to be added|
|Primary school with fewer than 100.5 pupils||£7,200|
|Primary school with 100.5 pupils or more but with fewer than 200.5 pupils||£13,900|
|Primary school with 200.5 pupils or more but with fewer than 400.5 pupils||£24,700|
|Primary school with 400.5 pupils or more but with fewer than 600.5 pupils||£30,900|
|Primary school with 600.5 pupils or more||£49,400|
|Secondary school with fewer than 600.5 pupils||£59,600|
|Secondary school with 600.5 pupils or more but with fewer than 1,200.5 pupils||£72,000|
|Secondary school with 1,200.5 pupils or more||£84,300|
|Special school with fewer than 100.5 pupils||£20,600|
|Special school with 100.5 pupils or more||£28,800|
(2) A local education authority shall determine the budget share of a middle deemed primary school which has a year 8 or a year 9 class in accordance with this Part as if that school were a secondary school.
(3) Where a proposed school to which this Part applies will not have a budget share on or before 1st April 2002, a local education authority shall determine the budget share of that school in accordance with this Part as soon as it does have a budget share.
(4) References in the table to a number of pupils are references to—
(a)the number of full-time equivalent pupils registered at the school on 17th January 2002; or
(b)in the case of a school which is to open during the financial year or a school proposals for the establishment of which have not been fully implemented, the number of full-time pupils indicated, when proposals for the establishment of the school were published, as the number of such pupils to be admitted to the school when the proposals were fully implemented,
where the “full-time equivalent” is the number of full-time pupils plus half the number of part-time pupils, and a “part-time pupil” is one who attends school other than on the basis that he should attend both morning and afternoon sessions at least 5 days each week.
(5) A local education authority shall not determine the budget share of a school in accordance with this Part if proposals to discontinue the school in the financial year beginning on 1st April 2002 have already been approved, unless at a date following 1st April 2002 the closure date is amended to a date on or after 1st April 2003.
(a)a school’s budget share is determined in accordance with this Part; and
(b)proposals to discontinue the school in the financial year beginning on 1st April 2002 are approved on or after that date; and
(c)the local education authority are satisfied that there are successor schools opening on or before 31st March 2003 which will have their budget shares determined in accordance with this Part,
then the budget share of the discontinued school shall be redetermined so as to deduct the amount added in accordance with this Part.
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: