- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5. (1) A person who contravenes or fails to comply with any requirement of a direction given to him under regulation 3 above shall be guilty of an offence.
(2) A person who intentionally obstructs any person who is—
(a)acting on behalf of the Secretary of State in connection with the giving or service of a direction under regulation 3 above;
(b)acting in compliance with a direction under that regulation; or
(c)acting under paragraph (4) or (5) of that regulation,
shall be guilty of an offence.
(3) In proceedings for an offence under paragraph (1) above, it shall be a defence for the accused to prove—
(a)that, subject to regulation 3(6) above, he has used all due diligence to ensure compliance with the direction; or
(b)that he had reasonable cause for believing that compliance with the direction would have involved a serious risk to human life.
(4) A person guilty of an offence under paragraph (1) or (2) above shall be liable—
(a)on summary conviction, to a fine not exceeding £50,000;
(b)on conviction on indictment, to a fine.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: