- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
24. (1) Subject to paragraph (8), the registered person shall establish a written procedure for considering complaints made by or on behalf of children accommodated in the home.
(2) The procedure shall, in particular, provide—
(a)for an opportunity for informal resolution of the complaint at an early stage;
(b)that no person who is the subject of a complaint takes any part in its consideration other than, if the registered person considers it appropriate, at the informal resolution stage only;
(c)for dealing with complaints about the registered person;
(d)for complaints to be made by a person acting on behalf of a child;
(e)for arrangements for the procedure to be made known to—
(i)children accommodated in the home;
(iii)placing authorities; and
(iv)persons working in the home.
(3) A copy of the procedure shall be supplied on request to any of the persons mentioned in paragraph (2)(e).
(4) The copy of the procedure supplied under paragraph (3) shall include—
(a)the name, address and telephone number of the Commission; and
(b)details of the procedure (if any) which has been notified to the registered person by the Commission for the making of complaints to it relating to children’s homes.
(5) The registered person shall ensure that a written record is made of any complaint, the action taken in response, and the outcome of the investigation.
(6) The registered person shall ensure that—
(a)children accommodated in the home are enabled to make a complaint or representation; and
(b)no child is subject to any reprisal for making a complaint or representation.
(7) The registered person shall supply to the Commission at its request a statement containing a summary of any complaints made during the preceding twelve months and the action that was taken.
(8) This regulation (apart from paragraph (6)) does not apply to any matter to which the Representations Procedure (Children) Regulations 1991(1) applies.
See the footnote to regulation 15(2)(d).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: