- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
8. (1) Section 14 of the 1997 Act (implementation by Secretary of State) is amended as follows.
(2) In subsection (1)—
(a)in paragraph (a) omit the words from “(together” to “England)”; and
(b)in paragraph (b), omit the words from “(together” to “petition)”.
(3) After subsection (1) insert—
“(1A) The Electoral Commission may by order give effect to any proposals sent to them under section 9 or 12 subject to—
(a)any recommendations made to them on those proposals by the Boundary Committee for England; and
(b)any modifications to those recommendations agreed with that Committee.”
(4) In subsection (2), for “this section” substitute “subsection (1A)”.
(5) Omit subsection (3).
(6) For subsection (5) substitute—
“(5) The Electoral Commission may give effect to proposals sent to them under section 12 whether or not the proposals are sent within the period mentioned in section 12(7).
(6) The Secretary of State may give effect to a petition in accordance with subsection (1)(b) whether or not it is sent to him within the period mentioned in section 11(4).”
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: