- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
6.—(1) As respects any feed material, the matters required by section 69(1) to be marked on that material may be denoted by a mark, the meaning of which can be ascertained by reference to a register kept in accordance with this regulation.
(2) In the case of any compound feeding stuff, not being of a standard formulation on general sale by the seller concerned, which is specially manufactured or mixed to the order of a purchaser—
(a)there shall be an indication in a document, label or notice, which is readily apparent and unequivocally associated with the material, of the type of feeding stuff, and of the name or trade name, and of the address or registered office, of the manufacturer, and
(b)the other matters required by section 69(1) to be marked on the material may be denoted by a mark, the meaning of which can be ascertained by reference to a register kept in accordance with this regulation.
(3) The register shall show those matters to which the mark relates, being matters required to be contained in a statutory statement relating to the material to which the mark relates, and the date of entry of those particulars in the register, and entries relating to material of a kind mentioned in paragraph (2) above shall include the name and address of the purchaser, the date of the order and the amount ordered.
(4) The register shall be kept as a separate record in book form, marked on the outside “Register of marks under section 69(6) of the Agriculture Act 1970” and shall be kept on the premises where the material is held for the purpose of selling it in the course of trade for use as a feeding stuff, save that, if the material is not in the premises of the person who has the material for sale, the register shall be kept on those premises.
(5) The period for which the register is to be preserved in accordance with section 69(7) shall be six months, commencing on the first day on which none of the materials referred to in the register remains on the premises, for sale as aforesaid.
(6) The register shall be made and kept by the seller concerned.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: