- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. This Schedule shall apply to Food from Britain.
2. In this Schedule–
“the 1967 Act” means the Agriculture Act 1967(1);
“the 1983 Act” means the Agricultural Marketing Act 1983(2).
3.—(1) Any function exercisable in relation to Food from Britain by the Secretary of State for Scotland acting alone shall instead be exercisable by the Scottish Ministers.
(2) Subject to paragraph 4 below, any function which is–
(a)specifically exercisable in relation to Food from Britain; and
(b)exercisable by the Secretary of State for Scotland acting jointly with any other Ministers of the Crown,
shall instead be exercisable by the Scottish Ministers and those other Ministers acting jointly.
4.—(1) This paragraph applies to the function under section 61(3) of the 1967 Act of making a scheme for payment of grants.
(2) The Secretary of State for Scotland is to cease to be among the Ministers who, acting jointly, may exercise the function to which this paragraph applies.
(3) The function to which this paragraph applies shall be exercisable only with the consent of the Scottish Ministers, and section 88(2) of the Act shall not apply in relation to the function.
5. The reference in section 60(2) of the 1967 Act to “the Comptroller and Auditor General” shall be deemed to include a reference to “the Auditor General for Scotland”.
6. The reference in section 5(8) of the 1983 Act to “the Comptroller and Auditor General” shall be deemed to include a reference to “the Auditor General for Scotland”.
Section 61 was amended by S.I. 1986/817, article 2; the Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1986 (c. 12), section 1(1) and Schedule 1, Part II; and the 1983 Act, section 9 and Schedule 3. Functions under Part IV of the 1967 Act were transferred to Food from Britain by sections 2(1) and 3(2) of, and Schedule 2 to, the 1983 Act.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: