- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
4. (1) Subject to paragraph (2) below, flour derived from wheat and from no other cereal, whether or not mixed with other flour, shall contain the substances specified in column 1 of Schedule 1 in accordance with the proportions and conditions prescribed in column 2 of that Schedule and with Schedule 2.
(2) The requirements specified for item 1 in column 2 of Schedule 1 shall not apply in the case of—
(b)self-raising flour which has a calcium content of not less than 0.2 per cent, and
(c)wheat malt flour.
(3) The substances specified in items 2-4 of Schedule 1 shall, in the case of—
(a)wholemeal flour, be naturally present in the quantities specified in column 2 of that Schedule, and not added;
(b)flour other than wholemeal, be added where such addition is necessary in accordance with the conditions prescribed in column 2 of that Schedule.
(4) Subject to paragraph (5) below—
(a)no manufacturer of flour shall sell any flour which does not comply with this regulation; and
(b)no importer of flour shall—
(i)import into Great Britain any flour, or
(ii)sell any flour imported by him,
which does not comply with this regulation.
(5) Paragraph (4) above shall not apply as respects any sale or importation into Great Britain of flour for use in the manufacture of communion wafers, matzos, gluten, starch or any concentrated preparation for use for the purpose of facilitating the addition to flour of the substances referred to in Schedule 1.