- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. For regulation B1 there shall be substituted the following regulation:–
B1.—(1) Subject to regulation B2 (age limits and restrictions on membership) the following persons are eligible to be included in the scheme:–
(b)medical and dental practitioners, assistant and associate practitioners and trainee practitioners.
(2) Each eligible person shall be included in the scheme automatically upon commencing NHS employment unless that person has made an election under regulation B4 (opting out of the scheme) to opt out of the scheme.
(3) A person who, on the coming into force of this regulation, is already in NHS employment but is not included in the scheme shall not be included automatically, but may elect to be included in the scheme, if eligible in terms of paragraph (1), by giving notice in writing to the Secretary of State at any time, subject to paragraph (4). The person shall be included in the scheme on the first day of the pay period immediately after the notice is received or such later date (which must be the first day of a pay period) as is specified in the notice.
(4) A person may not elect to be included in the scheme in terms of paragraph (3) during a period of absence from work for any reason.
(5) A person who is included in the scheme may opt out at any time in accordance with regulation B4.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: