- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
22. (1) Subject to the following provisions of this article, the Residuary Body may issue a levy for the current year in substitution for a levy which it has previously issued for that year (including a levy previously issued in substitution).
(2) Except as provided by paragraph (3) below, no levy may be issued in substitution if its amount would be greater than the amount of the levy for which it is substituted.
(3) The amount of any levy issued in substitution (“the new levy”) may be greater than the amount of that for which it is substituted (“the old levy”) if the old levy has been quashed because of a failure to fulfil the requirements of article 21, but only so far as the new levy is required to be increased to effect a proper apportionment.
(4) Subject to paragraph (5) below, where the Residuary Body issues a new levy, anything paid to it by reference to the old levy shall be treated as paid by reference to the new levy.
(5) Where the amount of the old levy exceeds that of the new levy, anything paid which would not have been paid if the amount of the old levy had been the same as that of the new levy—
(a)shall, if the successor authority by whom it was paid so requires, be repaid; or
(b)in any other case, shall (as the Residuary Body determines) be repaid or credited against any subsequent liability of the successor authority in respect of any levy issued by the Residuary Body.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: