- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11. (1) In Chapter X of Part I (miscellaneous and general provisions), after section 172 insert—
172A. (1) In this Part—
“EEA national” means a national of an EEA state; and
“EEA state” means a state which is a contracting party to the EEA Agreement.
(2) References in this Part to a person being an EEA national shall be construed in relation to a body corporate as references to its being incoporated under the law of an EEA state.
(3) The “EEA Agreement” means the Agreement on the European Economic Area signed at Oporto on 2nd May 1992, as adjusted by the Protocol signed at Brussels on 17th March 1993.”.
(2) In section 179 (index of defined expressions: Part I), at the appropriate place insert—
|“EEA national and EEA state||section 172A”.|
(3) In section 211(1) (expressions in Part II having same meaning as in Part I), at the appropriate place insert—
(4) In section 212 (index of defined expressions: Part II), at the appropriate place insert—
|“EEA national||section 211(1) (and section 172A)”.|
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: