- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5.—(1) The owner or person in charge of bovine animals on a holding shall make a record in the form set out in Schedule 2, or in a form to the like effect, in respect of—
(a)each movement of bovine animals to or from the holding;
(b)the birth or death of a bovine animal on the holding; and
(c)each change of ownership of bovine animals which takes place at a market or other holding without the animals being moved from the holding.
(2) A record under this article which relates—
(a)to the movement of an animal shall be made within 36 hours of the movement;
(b)to the birth of an animal in a dairy herd shall be made within 7 days of the birth;
(c)to the birth of an animal otherwise than in a dairy herd shall be made within 30 days of the birth;
(d)to the death of an animal shall be made within 7 days of the death;
(e)to the replacement of an ear tag shall be made within 36 hours of the replacement.
(3) The owner or person in charge of bovine animals on a holding shall make a record of the number of such animals present on the holding; and the record shall be updated at least annually.
(4) It shall be the duty of the owner or person in charge of any bovine animals to inform in writing—
(a)the person who, in relation to a market to which they are moved, is the market operator; or
(b)the owner or person in charge of an assembly centre approved under regulation 5 of the Animals and Animal Products (Import and Export) Regulations 1993(1) to which they are moved,
of the following particulars—
(i)the ear tag number of each animal;
(ii)the date of the movement;
(iii)the place from which the movement was made; and
(iv)the place to which the movement was made.
(5) The reference in the form set out in Schedule 2 to a dam’s identification mark is to—
(a)the ear tag number; or
(b)in the case of a female bovine animal to which an approved identification mark has been applied under the 1990 Order, that mark.
(6) In relation to records of bovine animals on a farm which are made before 1st April 1995 it shall be sufficient compliance with paragraphs (1) to (3) above if the owner or person in charge of the animals makes records in accordance with the Movement of Animals (Records) Order 1960(2) and the 1990 Order; and, notwithstanding article 1(2), those Orders shall have effect accordingly.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: