- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
11. (1) In this article“insurer” means any insurer or insurers authorised under the InsuranceCompanies Act 1982(1) to carry on in the United Kingdom insurance business ofa relevant class or who has corresponding authorisation under the law ofanother member State of the European Economic Community.
(2) The Council shall at all times maintain a public liability policywith an insurer providing cover of not less than one million pounds inrespect of any one accident on or occasioned by the operation of therailways and the adequacy of the cover provided by the policy shall beregularly reviewed by the Council.
(3) The Council shall not work the railways unless there is in force apublic liability policy in accordance with the provisions of thisarticle.
(4) If the Council fail to comply with the provisions of this articlethey shall be liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level5 on the standard scale or on conviction on indictment to a fine.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: