- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
1. One of the labels required by Regulation 6(1) shall—
(a)be a square set with its sides at an angle of 45° to the vertical;
(b)be in the form of the following diagram (the hazard classification code “1.2 E” is only an example); and
(c)comply with the measurements in the diagram except that—
(i)larger measurements may be used in which case the measurements shall be increased proportionally, or
(ii)where, in order to comply with Regulation 10(1), a smaller label is necessary, the dimensions may be decreased proportionally whilst remaining as large as is reasonably practicable for the purpose of such compliance.
2. (1) The above label shall have a pictograph of a bomb blast filling most of its upper half.
(2) In the lower half of the label, the word “EXPLOSIVE” shall be written in capital letters which shall each be smaller than the Compatibility Group letter in the hazard classification code required by sub-paragraph (3) below.
(3) Below the word “EXPLOSIVE”, the hazard classification code appropriate for the contents when in the packaging on which the label is put shall be written.
(4) Below the hazard classification code, the Class number “1” shall be written in the bottom corner of the label.
(5) The label shall have a line at least 1 mm wide approximately 5mm inside the edge and running parallel to it.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: