- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). UK Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site. The electronic version of this UK Statutory Instrument has been contributed by Westlaw and is taken from the printed publication. Read more
2.—(1) These rules and the Superannuation (English Local Government and Northern Ireland) Interchange Rules, 1952 shall be construed as one, and may be cited together as the Superannuation (English Local Government and Northern Ireland) Interchange Rules, 1952 and 1958.
(2) In these rules the expression “the principal rules” means
(3) References in these rules and in the principal rules as amended by these rules to the provisions of any enactment, rules or regulations shall be construed, unless the context otherwise requires, as references to those provisions as amended, applied or re-enacted by any subsequent enactment, rules or regulations.
(4) For the purposes of the principal rules as amended by these rules a justices' clerk shall be deemed to be in the employment of the magistrates' courts committee by whom he is or, under the provisions of the Justices of the Peace Act, 1949, is deemed to have been, appointed and references to “employment”
(5) The Interpretation Act, 1889 applies to the interpretation of these rules as it applies to the interpretation of an Act of Parliament.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.