- Draft legislation
This is a draft item of legislation. This draft has since been made as a UK Statutory Instrument: The Parliamentary Constituencies (England) Order 2007 No. 1681
1. (1) This Order may be cited as the Parliamentary Constituencies (England) Order 2007.
(2) This Order shall come into force on the fourteenth day after the day on which it is made.
2. (1) England shall be divided into the parliamentary constituencies—
(a)which are named in column 1 of the Table in the Schedule to this Order;
(b)which are designated as being either county constituencies or borough constituencies by inclusion of those words beneath the name in column 1 of the Table in the Schedule; and
(c)which comprise the areas which are set out in column 2 of the Table in the Schedule opposite the name of the constituency.
(2) The areas set out in column 2 of the Table in the Schedule to this Order are local government areas as they existed on 12th April 2005.
3. (1) Each electoral registration officer for the constituencies referred to in article 2 shall make such re-arrangement or adaptation of the registers of parliamentary electors as may be necessary to give effect to this Order.
4. The following Orders are revoked—
(a)The Parliamentary Constituencies (England) Order 1995(1),
(b)The Parliamentary Constituencies (England) (Miscellaneous Changes) Order 1996(2),
(c)The Parliamentary Constituencies (England) (Miscellaneous Changes) Order 1998(3).
Deputy Clerk of the Privy Council
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Draft Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Draft Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Draft Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: