- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2. (1) The Police (Promotion) (Scotland) Regulations 1996(1) are amended as follows.
(2) In regulation 1(2) (citation, commencement and interpretation) in the definition of “qualifying examination” for “on and after 1st March 1996” substitute “during the period beginning on 1st March 1996 and ending on 9th December 2009”.
(3) In regulation 2 (qualification for promotion) omit paragraph (2).
(4) In regulations 8(2) (recognition of service and examinations in certain police forces) and 9 (recognition of examinations in the British Transport Police) omit the words “the qualifying examination or” where they occur.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: