- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
6. (1) Quality Meat Scotland may impose levies to enable it to provide services to the red meat sector as specified in Schedule 3.
(2) All maximum levies in that Schedule exclude VAT.
(3) The levies are to enable Quality Meat Scotland to–
(i)meet its expenses in the exercise of its functions;
(ii)meet its administrative expenses;
(iii)further a purpose in article 3(2);
(iv)establish a reserve fund.
(4) The rate of levy (and any higher rate for late payment of the levy) must be approved annually by the Scottish Ministers.
(5) Quality Meat Scotland may enter into contracts with other persons, companies or bodies for the purpose of collecting levies in terms of this Order.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: