- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1. The approval holder is responsible for compliance with these conditions and must make arrangements to ensure that in his or her absence a person of suitable responsibility is available in this regard.
2. The approval holder (or his or her delegate) shall be available in or at the approved place for a minimum of one hour prior to each civil marriage ceremony and throughout the ceremony itself.
3. The approval holder must notify the authority immediately of any change to any of the following–
(a)the nature of the approved place from that described in the application for approval;
(b)the name, description and full postal address (if any) of the approved place; and
(c)the address of the approval holder.
4. Where a person is deemed to be an approval holder under regulation 17, that person shall be obliged to notify the authority immediately of that fact in accordance with regulation 17(2).
5. The approved place must be made available for inspection by the authority at all reasonable times.
6. No food or drink may be sold or dispensed or consumed in any approved place in which a marriage ceremony is to take place within one hour prior to that ceremony or during the ceremony itself, except where the ceremony takes place in a separate room or similarly defined space within the approved place in which case this restriction shall apply only to that room or space.
7. The arrangements made by the approval holder for each civil marriage ceremony must meet with the prior written approval of the district registrar of the registration district in which the approved place is situated.
8. (1) Any reference to an approved place on any sign or notice, or on any stationery or publication, or within any advertisement, relating to that place may state, subject to sub-paragraph (2), that the approved place has been approved by the authority as a venue for civil marriages in pursuance of the Act and if it does so, must state that such an approval does not bind the authority to perform or provide a service without prior consultation with and agreement of said authority.
(2) Any reference under (1) shall not state or imply any recommendation of the approved place or its facilities by the authority, the Registrar General or any of the officers or employees of either of them.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: