- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
35. (1) Any notice served or given under these Regulations by the Scottish Ministers or by SEPA shall be in writing (or in electronic form).
(2) Any such notice may be served on or given to a person by leaving it at that person’s proper address or by sending it by post to that person at that address.
(3) Any such notice may–
(a)in the case of a body corporate, be served on the secretary or clerk of that body;
(b)in the case of a partnership, be served on or given to a partner or person having the control or management of the partnership business.
(4) For the purpose of this regulation and of section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978(1) (service of documents by post) in its application to this regulation, the proper address of any person on or to whom any such notice is to be served or given shall be the last known address of that person, except that–
(a)in the case of a body corporate or their secretary or clerk, it shall be the address of the registered or principal office of that body;
(b)in the case of a partnership or person having the control or management of the partnership business, it shall be the principal office of the partnership,
and for the purposes of this paragraph the principal office of a company registered outside of the United Kingdom or of a partnership carrying on business outside the United Kingdom shall be their principal office within the United Kingdom.
(5) If the person to be served with or given any such notice has specified an address in the United Kingdom other than the proper address of that person within the meaning of paragraph (4) as the one at which that person or someone on behalf of that person will accept notices of the same description as that notice, that address shall also be treated for the purposes of this regulation and section 7 of the Interpretation Act 1978 as the proper address of that person.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: