- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Scottish Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
34.—(1) Subject to the provisions of this regulation, these Regulations bind the Crown.
(2) No contravention by the Crown of any provision of these Regulations shall make the Crown criminally liable under regulation 30 and no proceedings may be taken against the Crown under regulation 31 but the Court of Session may, on an application by SEPA, declare unlawful any act or omission of the Crown which constitutes such a contravention.
(3) Notwithstanding anything in paragraph (2), the provisions of these Regulations shall apply to persons in the public service of the Crown as they apply to other persons.
(4) If a certification has been or is issued by the Secretary of State to the effect that it appears to the Secretary of State, as respects any premises held or used by or on behalf of the Crown and any powers of entry exercisable under section 108 of the Environment Act 1995 (as are or may be specified in that certification) in relation to functions conferred or imposed by these Regulations, that it is requisite or expedient that, in the interests of national security, those powers of entry should not be exercisable in relation to such premises, those powers shall not be exercisable in relation to those premises.
(5) The following persons shall be treated as if they were the operator of the installation or mobile plant concerned for the purpose of any notice served or given or any proceedings instituted in relation to an installation or mobile plant operated or controlled by any person acting on behalf of the Royal Household, the Duchy of Lancaster or the Duke of Cornwall or other possessor of the Duchy of Cornwall–
(a)in relation to an installation or mobile plant operated or controlled by a person acting on behalf of the Royal Household, the Keeper of the Privy Purse;
(b)in relation to an installation or mobile plant operated or controlled by a person acting on behalf of the Duchy of Lancaster, such person as the Chancellor of the Duchy appoints in relation to that installation or mobile plant;
(c)in relation to an installation or mobile plant operated or controlled by a person acting on behalf of the Duchy of Cornwall, such person as the Duke of Cornwall, or the possessor for the time being of the Duchy of Cornwall, appoints in relation to that installation or mobile plant.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.