- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
12. (1) Any person who intends to submit an environmental statement to the relevant planning authority or the Scottish Ministers under these Regulations may give notice in writing to that authority or the Scottish Ministers under this paragraph.
(2) A notice under paragraph (1) shall include the information necessary to identify the land and the nature and purpose of the development, and shall indicate the main environmental consequences to which the person giving the notice proposes to refer in his environmental statement.
(3) The recipient of–
(a)such notice as is mentioned in paragraph (1); or
(b)a written statement made pursuant to regulation 7(4)(a), 8(4) or 9(3),
(i)notify the consultation bodies in writing of the name and address of the person who intends to submit an environmental statement and of the duty imposed on the consultation bodies by paragraph (4) to make information available to that person; and
(ii)inform in writing the person who intends to submit an environmental statement of the names and addresses of the bodies so notified.
(4) Subject to paragraph (5), the relevant planning authority and any body notified in accordance with paragraph (3) shall, if requested by the person who intends to submit an environmental statement, enter into consultation with that person to determine whether the authority or body have in their possession any information which he or they consider relevant to the preparation of the environmental statement and, if they have, the authority or body shall make that information available to that person.
(5) Paragraph (4) shall not require the disclosure of information which is capable of being treated as confidential, or must be so treated, under regulation 4 of the Environmental Information Regulations 1992(1).
(6) A reasonable charge reflecting the cost of making the relevant information available may be made by any person who makes information available in accordance with paragraph (4).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: