- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
84. (1) The Committee may discharge its liability in respect of a pension credit in accordance with either paragraph 1(2) or 1(3) of Schedule 5 of the 1999 Order(1).
(2) Where the Committee discharges its liability by conferring pension credit rights on the person entitled to the pension credit, those shall be to—
(a)a pension and if applicable a lump sum grant; and
(b)a death grant.
(3) A pension credit member is not entitled to a lump sum grant if the transferor has been paid a retirement grant before the valuation date.
(4) The pension at the valuation date shall be calculated—
(a)by a reference to the value of the pension credit member’s pension credit rights calculated in accordance with regulation 10 of the Pension Sharing (Implementation and Discharge of Liability) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2000(2); and
(b)in accordance with guidance issued by the Government Actuary.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: