- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
15.—(1) The aggregate of the amounts received by the Authority under Article 8 in respect of an obligation period (“the relevant obligation period”)(together with any interest thereon received by the Authority) is referred to as “the buy-out fund”.
(2) The Authority shall pay out the buy-out fund, by the 1st December immediately following the relevant obligation period in accordance with the system of allocation specified in paragraphs (3) to (6).
(3) The buy-out fund relating to a relevant obligation period shall be divided amongst the United Kingdom suppliers who meet one or more of the applicable conditions referred to in paragraphs (4) and (5) so that each such United Kingdom supplier receives a proportion of the buy-out fund calculated in accordance with paragraph (6).
(4) The applicable condition for a designated electricity supplier is that, in respect of the relevant obligation period, he has complied (in whole or in part) with his renewables obligation by producing qualifying certificates to the Authority.
(5) The applicable condition for a Great Britain designated supplier is that, in respect of a period contemporaneous with the relevant obligation period, it has complied (in whole or on part) with any renewables obligation imposed on it in accordance with section 32(1) of the Electricity Act by producing qualifying certificates to the Great Britain authority.
(6) The proportion of the buy-out fund which each United Kingdom supplier is entitled to receive under paragraph (3) is equal to the proportion which the amount of the electricity covered by all the qualifying certificates it has produced as mentioned in paragraphs (4) or (5) bears to the total amount of the electricity covered by all of the qualifying certificates produced to the Authority or to the Great Britain authority in respect of the relevant obligation period or any period contemporaneous with the relevant obligation period, in discharge of any renewables obligation imposed in accordance with section 32(1) of the Electricity Act or this Order.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Statutory Rule and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Statutory Rule accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Northern Ireland Statutory Rule or Draft Northern Ireland Statutory Rule laid before the UK Parliament during the suspension of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: