- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
3. (1) In this Article “Schedule 4” means Schedule 4 to the principal Act(1).
(2) The sums specified in paragraph (3) shall be increased from and including the respective dates specified in Article 5; and Schedule 4 shall accordingly have effect as set out in Schedule 1.
(3) The sums mentioned in paragraph (2) are the sums specified in Parts I, III, IV and V of Schedule 4 (contributory periodical benefits, non-contributory periodical benefits, increases for dependants and rate or amount of industrial injuries benefit, respectively), except the sums specified in the said Part III for age addition and mobility allowance.
(4) The sums falling to be calculated under section 59B(5)(2) (calculation of weekly rate of retirement allowance) shall be increased from a date specified in Article 5 by 4.1 per cent. of their amount apart from this order.
Schedule 4 was amended by Article 24(2) of, and paragraph 42 of Schedule 5 to, and Schedule 6 to, the Social Security Pensions (Northern Ireland) Order 1975 (S. I. 1975/1503 (N. I. 15)); paragraphs 35 and 36 of Schedule 4 to, and Schedule 5 to, the Child Benefit (Northern Ireland) Order 1975 (S. I. 1975/1504 (N. I. 16)); paragraph 13 of Schedule 1 to the Social Security (Northern Ireland) Order 1979 (S. I. 1979/396 (N. I. 5)); Part II of Schedule 4 to the Social Security (Northern Ireland) Order 1980 (S. I. 1980/870 (N. I. 8)); Schedule 5 to the Social Security (Northern Ireland) Order 1982 (S. I. 1982/1084 (N. I. 16)); paragraph 2 of Schedule 2 to, and Part II of Schedule 6 to, the Health and Social Security (Northern Ireland) Order 1984 (S. I. 1984/1158 (N. I. 8)); Article 14(2) of, and Schedule 6 to, the Social Security (Northern Ireland) Order 1985 (S. I. 1985/1209 (N. I. 16)); Article 37(2) of, and Schedule 10 to, the Social Security (Northern Ireland) Order 1986; Article 4(2) of the Social Security (Northern Ireland) Order 1990 (S. I. 1990/1511 (N. I. 15)); Schedule 4 to the Disability Living Allowance and Disability Working Allowance (Northern Ireland) Order 1991 (S. I. 1991/1712 (N. I. 17)) and S. R. 1991 No. 77
Section 59B was inserted by Article 4(1) of the Social Security (Northern Ireland) Order 1988 (S. I. 1988/594 (N. I. 2)); subsection (5) was amended by paragraph 8(5) of Schedule 1 to the Social Security (Northern Ireland) Order 1989 (S. I. 1989/1342 (N. I. 13))
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: