- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
4.—(1) The functions of a department shall at all times be exercised subject to the direction and control of the Minister.
(2) Without prejudice to the generality of paragraph (1), the Minister may in pursuance of that paragraph—
(a)distribute the business of a department among the officers of the department in such manner as he thinks fit;
(b)by Minute laid before the Assembly assign any specified functions of the department to such officers of the department as he may determine under such designation as he may determine.
(3) Subject to the provisions of this Order, any functions of a department may be exercised by—
(a)the Minister; or
(b)a senior officer of the department.
(4) Subject to paragraph (5), in carrying out its functions a department shall adopt and use the name and seal of the department.
(5) The Minister may authorise the use of a special designation by any officers to whom any functions have been assigned under paragraph (2)(b).
(6) Nothing in this Order affects the operation of any statutory provision or rule of law which authorises or requires any functions of a department to be exercised in a particular manner or by particular persons.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: