- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
19. After Article 40A of the 1976 Order (inserted by section 11) there shall be inserted the following Article—
40B. (1) The Registrar General may notify such persons as the Registrar General considers appropriate of the registration of a birth or a death under this Order.
(2) An application may be made in the prescribed form to the Registrar General as to persons to be notified by the Registrar General under paragraph (1) by any person who gave information leading to the registration of the birth or the death.
(3) The prescribed fee shall be payable to the Registrar General by any person making an application under paragraph (2).
(4) Any notification under paragraph (1) shall be subject to such conditions as the Registrar General considers appropriate.
(5) The power conferred by paragraph (1) may be exercised whether or not an application has been made under paragraph (2).
(6) This Article shall not apply to the registration of a still-birth.”.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: