- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
13.—(1) Any person who intentionally obstructs an authorised officer of a district council, acting in the exercise of the officer’s functions under or by virtue of this Act, commits an offence.
(2) Any person who without reasonable cause fails to give to an authorised officer, acting in the exercise of the officer’s functions under or by virtue of this Act, any facilities, assistance or information which the authorised officer reasonably requires of the person for the performance of those functions, commits an offence.
(3) A person commits an offence if, in purported compliance with any requirement of an authorised officer under subsection (2)—
(a)the person makes a statement which is false or misleading, and
(b)the person either knows that it is false or misleading or is reckless as to whether it is false or misleading.
(4) In subsection (3), “false or misleading” means false or misleading in a material particular.
(5) A person guilty of an offence under this section is liable on summary conviction to a fine not exceeding level 5 on the standard scale.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: