- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
Health and Social Care (Reform) Act (Northern Ireland) 2009, Section 27 is up to date with all changes known to be in force on or before 04 May 2016. There are changes that may be brought into force at a future date. Changes that have been made appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Act, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Act. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
27—(1) This section applies for the purposes of a transfer of functions effected by section 24, 25 or 26; and in this section, in its application for the purposes of such a transfer—
“the transferor” means the body from which functions are transferred;
“the transferee” means the body to which functions are transferred;
“the transfer date” means the date on which functions are transferred.
(2) In relation to any time after the transfer date, any reference in any statutory provision or document to a Health and Social Services Board (whether general or particular) shall—
(a)in relation to any function transferred by section 24(1), be construed as a reference to the Regional Agency;
(b)in relation to any function transferred by section 24(2), be construed as a reference to the Regional Board;
and any reference which delimits functions of a Board by reference to its area shall, in relation to that time, be disregarded.
(3) In relation to any time after the transfer date, any reference in any statutory provision or document to the Mental Health Commission shall, in relation to any function transferred by section 25(1), be construed as a reference to RQIA.
(4) In relation to any time after the transfer date, any reference in any statutory provision or document to the Central Services Agency shall, in relation to any function transferred by section 26(1), be construed as a reference to RBSO.
(5) Subsections (2) to (4) apply unless contrary provision is made by or under this Act or the context otherwise requires.
(6) A transfer of functions to which this section applies does not affect the validity of anything done by, or in relation to, the transferor before the transfer date.
(7) Anything which before the transfer date was done by or in relation to the transferor in relation to any transferred function shall, if in effect immediately before that date, continue to have effect to the same extent and subject to the same provisions as if it had been done by, or in relation to, the transferee.
(8) Anything (including any legal proceedings) in the process of being done by or in relation to the transferor immediately before the transfer date may, so far as it relates to any transferred function, be continued by or in relation to the transferee.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: