- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
5.—(1) The Order of 1972 shall be amended as follows.
(2) In Article 15B (provision for primary medical services and personal dental services)—
(a)in the cross-heading and heading that precede the Article, for “personal dental services” substitute “primary dental services”;
(b)in paragraphs (1)(b), (2)(a) and (b)(i) and (4), for “personal dental services”, in each place where those words occur, substitute “primary dental services”;
(c)omit paragraphs (3) and (6).
(3) In Article 15C (persons with whom arrangements under Article 15B may be made), for sub-paragraph (c) of paragraph (1) substitute—
“(c)in the case of an agreement under which primary dental services are provided—
(i)a dental practitioner who satisfies the prescribed conditions;
(ii)a health care professional who satisfies the prescribed conditions;
(iii)an individual who is providing services—
(A)under a general dental services contract; or
(B)in accordance with Article 15B arrangements, section 28C arrangements or section 17C arrangements;
or has so provided them within such period as may be prescribed;”.
(4) In paragraph (1A) of that Article, for the words from “or” to “sub-paragraph (d),” substitute “(c)(iii) or (d)”.
(5) In paragraph (2) of that Article—
(a)in the definition of “HSS employee”—
(i)in paragraph (bb), after “contract” insert “or a general dental services contract”, and
(ii)omit paragraph (c);
(b)omit the definition of “qualifying dental practitioner”.
(6) In Article 15D (regulations concerning Article 15B arrangements)—
(a)in the heading, for “personal dental services”, substitute “primary dental services”; and
(b)in paragraph (2), omit sub-paragraph (b) and the definition of “practitioner”.
(7) In paragraphs (3)(ca) and (3E) of that Article, after “services” insert “or primary dental services”.
(8) In paragraph (3C) of that Article, after “contract” insert “or a general dental services contract”.
(9) In paragraph (6) of that Article—
(a)for “personal dental services” substitute “primary dental services”, and
(b)omit the words from “(whether” to “otherwise)”.
(10) Article 15F (right to choose dental practitioner) shall cease to have effect.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: