- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
12. (1) This section applies where—
(a)land comprised of two or more parcels vested in separate persons is subject to a single ground rent;
(b)the rent-payers do not combine under section 4(6) to redeem the ground rent; and
(c)a rent payer entitled to any parcel or parcels has complied with section 4(1) and (2) in relation to the ground rent.
(2) The sealing of the certificate of redemption discharges all the parcels from the ground rent.
(3) At the request of a person entitled to any other parcel or parcels, the Registrar on being satisfied—
(a)of the facts; and
(b)that that person has paid any amount for which he is liable under subsection (4)(b);
shall deliver to that person a copy of the certificate of redemption.
(4) The rent-payer may require reimbursement of all or an appropriate part (as the case may be) of any moneys lodged under section 4(2)(a), (b), (c) or (e) and of his costs in connection with an application under section 4(1)—
(a)where he has been indemnified against payment of the ground rent or any part of it, from the indemnifior; or
(b)in any other case, from the person entitled to any other parcel, unless he himself has indemnified that person against any demand for ground rent.
(5) Without prejudice to any right of set-off or counterclaim, any amount mentioned in subsection (4) may be recovered by the rent-payer in proceedings in any court of competent jurisdiction.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: