- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
7. (1) There shall be a chief officer of the Council who shall be a member of the staff of the Council and shall be responsible to the Council for the general exercise of its functions.
(2) The first chief officer shall be appointed by the Department on such terms and conditions as the Department may determine.
(3) Subject to paragraph 8(3), any chief officer subsequent to the first shall be appointed by the Council on such terms and conditions as the Council may determine.
(4) An appointment under sub-paragraph (3) requires the approval of the Department.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: