- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
1.—(1) The Department of Finance and Personnel may issue out of the Consolidated Fund and apply to the service of the year ending 31st March 2002 the sum of £4,679,167,000.
(2) That sum is appropriated for the purposes specified in Schedule 1.
2.—(1) Subject to subsection (2), the Department of Finance and Personnel may borrow on the credit of the sum specified in section 1 any sum or sums not exceeding in the whole £2,339,584,000.
(2) Any money so borrowed shall be repaid, with any interest due thereon, out of the Consolidated Fund not later than 31st March 2002.
3.—(1) For the purposes of section 6(1) of the Government Resources and Accounts Act (Northern Ireland) 2001 (c. 6), this section authorises the use of resources in the year ending 31st March 2002.
(2) The use of resources by—
(a)the Northern Ireland departments;
(b)the Northern Ireland Assembly;
(c)the Northern Ireland Audit Office;
(d)the Assembly Ombudsman for Northern Ireland and the Northern Ireland Commissioner for Complaints;
(e)the Office for the Regulation of Electricity and Gas,
in that year is authorised to the amount of £5,021,262,000.
(3) In that year, resources may be used by a Northern Ireland department or a body or person mentioned in subsection (2) for the purposes specified in relation to that department, body or person in column 1 of Schedule 2 up to the amounts specified in the corresponding entries in column 2 of that Schedule.
(4) In this section “resources” does not include accruing resources within the meaning of section 8(1) of the Government Resources and Accounts Act (Northern Ireland) 2001 (c. 6).
4.—(1) For the purposes of section 8(1) of the Government Resources and Accounts Act (Northern Ireland) 2001, this section sets the relevant limits on the accruing resources that may be directed to be used for certain purposes in the year ending on 31st March 2002 in addition to resources authorised by this or any other Budget Act to be used for those purposes in that year.
(2) In that year accruing resources not exceeding the amount specified in column 3 of Schedule 2 may be directed to be used for the purposes specified in the corresponding entries in column 1 of that Schedule.
5. The enactments mentioned in Schedule 3 are hereby repealed to the extent specified in the second column of that Schedule.
6. This Act may be cited as the Budget (No. 2) Act (Northern Ireland) 2001.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: