- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As enacted)
This is the original version (as it was originally enacted).
3. After section 22 insert—
(a)land subject to the settlement is sold by the trustees or the tenant for life for an estate in fee simple or a term having at least two hundred years to run, and
(b)the proceeds of sale are liable to be invested,
the trustees, or the tenant for life on behalf of the trustees, may contract that the payment of any part, not exceeding two-thirds, of the purchase money shall be secured by a mortgage of the land sold, with or without the security of any other property.
(2) If any buildings are comprised in the property secured by the mortgage, the mortgage must contain a covenant by the mortgagor to keep them insured for their full value against loss or damage due to any event.
(3) A person exercising the power under subsection (1) of this section—
(a)is not required to comply with section 5 of the Trustee Act (Northern Ireland) 2001, and
(b)is not liable for any loss incurred merely because the security is insufficient at the date of the charge.
(4) The power under subsection (1) of this section is exercisable subject to the consent of any person whose consent to a change of investment is required by the instrument, if any, creating the trust.
(5) Where the sale referred to in subsection (1) of this section is made under the order of the court, the power under that subsection applies only if and as far as the court may by order direct.”
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Text created by the Northern Ireland Assembly department responsible for the subject matter of the Act to explain what the Act sets out to achieve and to make the Act accessible to readers who are not legally qualified. Explanatory Notes accompany all Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: