Official place of publication for newly enacted legislation
Stay up to date with newly enacted legislation for the UK, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as it is published to this site, by selecting a date below or using the free of charge subscription feeds.
The aim is to publish legislation on this site simultaneously, or at least within 24 hours, of its publication in printed form.
Any document which is especially complex in terms of its size or its typography may take longer to prepare.
New legislation is therefore listed by publication date rather than the date on which it was enacted.
SI 2017/457 - The National Health Service (Charges for Drugs and Appliances) (Amendment) (No. 2) Regulations 2017
These Regulations amend the National Health Service (Charges for Drugs and Appliances) Regulations 2015 (“the 2015 Regulations”).
SI 2017/452 - The Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2015 (Consequential Provisions) Order 2017
This Order amends certain provisions of the Firearms Act 1968 (“the 1968 Act”) in consequence of the provisions in Part 1 of the Air Weapons and Licensing (Scotland) Act 2015 (“the 2015 Act”).
These Regulations are the sixth commencement regulations made by the Secretary of State under section 88(1) of the Serious Crime Act 2015 (c. 9). Regulation 2 commences section 67 of that Act, which i...
SI 2017/449 - The Water Supply Licence and Sewerage Licence (Modification of Standard Conditions) Order 2017
The Water Industry Act 1991 (c. 56) (“the 1991 Act”), as amended by the Water Act 2014 (c. 21) (“the 2014 Act”), allows the Secretary of State to determine standard conditions in water supply and sewe...
SI 2017/447 - The Water Industry Designated Codes (Appeals to the Competition and Markets Authority) Regulations 2017
These Regulations set up a right of appeal to the Competition and Markets Authority (the “CMA”) against a decision (an “Authority decision”) by the Water Services Regulation Authority (the “Authority”...
These Regulations place a duty on each local planning authority responsible for determining applications for housing development to prepare, maintain and publish a register of previously developed lan...
This Order, which applies in England only, makes provisions in relation to permission in principle. Permission in principle and its effect are described in sections 58A, 59A and 70(2ZZA) to (2ZZC) of ...
SI 2017/400 - The Deregulation Act 2015, the Small Business, Enterprise and Employment Act 2015 and the Insolvency (Amendment) Act (Northern Ireland) 2016 (Consequential Amendments and Transitional Provisions) Regulations 2017
These Regulations amend certain enactments in consequence of—
This Order confers powers on Network Rail to construct a pedestrian footbridge over the West Anglia Main Line railway lines in the vicinity of Northumberland Park station in the London Borough of Hari...
Free of charge legislation feeds
- All Legislation (excluding drafts)
- UK Public General Acts
- UK Statutory Instruments
- Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly
- Northern Ireland Orders in Council
- Northern Ireland Statutory Rules
- Acts of the Scottish Parliament
- Scottish Statutory Instruments
- Acts of the National Assembly for Wales
- Wales Statutory Instruments
Free of charge draft legislation feeds
Tracking UK Legislation
- All Bills currently before the UK Parliament are listed on the UK Parliament website in the Parliamentary Business, Bills & Legislation section which also shows what stage a Bill has reached on its passage through Parliament.
- The history of the parliamentary debates relating to Bills in the UK Parliament can be found in Hansard the edited verbatim report of proceedings of both the House of Commons and the House of Lords.
- All Bills currently before the Scottish Parliament, Northern Ireland Assembly and the National Assembly for Wales can be found on the individual national Parliamentary and Assembly websites.
- Bills only become Acts once they have passed all stages of their applicable Parliamentary procedure and receive Royal Assent. Once an Act has received Royal Assent, it is published under the authority of the Queen's Printer to this website.
Feeds enable you to see when websites have added new content. By using the legislation feeds you can get details of the latest legislation as soon as it is published without having to check the new legislation page each day.
There are many types of feed (such as RSS and Atom). This site provides Atom feeds which can be used in most news readers. To use the feeds you will need a newsreader or a browser enabled device.
To receive the feed to your newsreader either drag the orange feed button or cut and paste the link of the feed into your news reader.
Chrome users: Google Chrome doesn’t have any in-built support for RSS feeds. To view an RSS feed using this browser you will need to download a free extension to Google Chrome from theGoogle Chrome Store.