Official place of publication for newly enacted legislation
Stay up to date with newly enacted legislation for the UK, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland as it is published to this site, by selecting a date below or using the free of charge subscription feeds.
The aim is to publish legislation on this site simultaneously, or at least within 24 hours, of its publication in printed form.
Any document which is especially complex in terms of its size or its typography may take longer to prepare.
New legislation is therefore listed by publication date rather than the date on which it was enacted.
Dyddiad cyhoeddi: 3rd Apr
Date older than 10 publication days ago. View the newest legislation published.
SR 2012/155 - The Jobseeker’s Allowance (Domestic Violence) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2012
These Regulations amend the Jobseeker’s Allowance Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1996 (“the Jobseeker’s Allowance Regulations”) to enable certain victims of domestic violence who are claiming a jobsee...
SR 2012/154 - The Welfare of Animals (2011 Act) (Commencement and Transitional Provisions No.2) Order (Northern Ireland) 2012
This Order commences certain provisions of the Welfare of Animals (Northern Ireland) Act 2011 and repeals certain provisions of the Welfare of Animals Act (Northern Ireland) 1972.
SR 2012/153 - The Welfare of Animals (Permitted Procedures by Lay Persons) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2012
It is an offence under section 5(1) and section 5(2) of the Welfare of Animals Act (Northern Ireland) 2011 (“the Act”) to do the following to animals protected by that Act:
SR 2012/150 - The Motor Vehicles (Construction and Use) (Amendment) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2012
These Regulations amend regulation 24(5) of the Motor Vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1999 in regards to the efficiency limit for brakes. This new limit is to apply to v...
These Regulations amend Schedule 3 to the Goods Vehicles (Testing) Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2003 to comply with Commission Directive 2010/48/EU by amending item 5 in paragraph 1 to include refer...
These Regulations amend the Motor Vehicle Testing Regulations (Northern Ireland) 2003 to comply with Commission Directive 2010/48/EU by amending paragraph 2(c) of Schedule 2 to insert references to ha...
Free of charge legislation feeds
- All Legislation (excluding drafts)
- UK Public General Acts
- UK Statutory Instruments
- Acts of the Northern Ireland Assembly
- Northern Ireland Orders in Council
- Northern Ireland Statutory Rules
- Acts of the Scottish Parliament
- Scottish Statutory Instruments
- Acts of the National Assembly for Wales
- Wales Statutory Instruments
Free of charge draft legislation feeds
Tracking UK Legislation
- All Bills currently before the UK Parliament are listed on the UK Parliament website in the Parliamentary Business, Bills & Legislation section which also shows what stage a Bill has reached on its passage through Parliament.
- The history of the parliamentary debates relating to Bills in the UK Parliament can be found in Hansard the edited verbatim report of proceedings of both the House of Commons and the House of Lords.
- All Bills currently before the Scottish Parliament,Northern Ireland Assembly ,and the National Assembly for Wales can be found on the individual national Parliamentary and Assembly websites.
- Bills only become Acts once they have passed all stages of their applicable Parliamentary procedure and receive Royal Assent. Once an Act has received Royal Assent, it is published under the authority of the Queen's Printer to this website.
Feeds enable you to see when websites have added new content. By using the legislation feeds you can get details of the latest legislation as soon as it is published without having to check the new legislation page each day.
There are many types of feed (such as RSS and Atom). This site provides Atom feeds which can be used in most news readers. To use the feeds you will need a newsreader or a browser enabled device.
To receive the feed to your newsreader either drag the orange feed button or cut and paste the link of the feed into your news reader.