- Draft legislation
This is a draft item of legislation. This draft has since been made as a UK Statutory Instrument: The Bedfordshire (Structural Changes) Order 2008 No. 907
18. (1) The shadow authority shall formulate proposals for the executive arrangements that are to be operated by the Central Bedfordshire Council.
(2) In formulating proposals under paragraph (1) the shadow executive shall comply with section 10(2) of the 2000 Act and for that purpose shall assume that the Council’s executive is to be a leader and cabinet executive within the meaning of section 11(3) of the 2000 Act as originally enacted(1).
(3) The shadow executive shall formulate proposals for the code of conduct to be adopted by the Central Bedfordshire Council.
(4) In formulating proposals under paragraph (3) the shadow executive shall have regard to section 51 of the 2000 Act and, in particular, shall secure that its proposals are consistent with the requirements of subsection (4) of that section.
(5) The shadow authority shall formulate proposals for the scheme of members’ allowances to be adopted by the Central Bedfordshire Council.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Draft Explanatory Memorandum sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Draft Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Draft Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified accompany any Statutory Instrument or Draft Statutory Instrument laid before Parliament from June 2004 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: