- Draft legislation
This is a draft item of legislation. This draft has since been made as a UK Statutory Instrument: The Enterprise Act 2002 (Protection of Legitimate Interests) Order 2003 No. 1592
10—(1) Sub-paragraph (2) applies where the Secretary of State considers that—
(a)an undertaking accepted by her under paragraph 9 has not been, is not being or will not be fulfilled; or
(b)in relation to an undertaking accepted by her under that paragraph, information which was false or misleading in a material respect was given to her or the OFT by the person giving the undertaking before she decided to accept the undertaking.
(2) The Secretary of State may, for any purpose mentioned in article 12(7), make an order under this paragraph.
(3) Paragraph (8) of article 12 shall apply for the purpose of sub-paragraph (2) above as it applies for the purposes of article 12(7).
(4) An order under this paragraph may contain—
(a)anything permitted by Schedule 8 to the Act; and
(b)such supplementary, consequential or incidental provision as the Secretary of State considers appropriate.
(5) An order under this paragraph—
(a)shall come into force at such time as is determined by or under the order; and
(b)may contain provision which is different from the provision contained in the undertaking concerned.
(6) No order shall be varied or revoked under this paragraph unless the OFT advises that such a variation or revocation is appropriate by reason of a change of circumstances.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.