- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
5.—(1) Subject to the provisions of these Regulations, an authority must in the case of any duty to do so, or may, in the case of any power, supply basic information to a parent to whom this regulation applies, on receiving a request from the parent.
(2) This regulation applies to a parent—
(a)of a child resident in the area of the authority to whom a request for basic information under paragraph (1) is made;
(b)of a child known to an authority to be proposing to reside in their area; or
(c)known to an authority to be considering the making of a placing request in respect of the parent’s child in respect of a school under their management.
(3) Paragraphs (4) to (9) apply where a request for basic information is made by a parent under paragraph (1).
(4) An authority must supply basic information of the kinds specified in Schedule 1 Part I paragraph 1(a) to the parent where the information relates to the schools specified in paragraph (6).
(5) Where that basic information relates to a school other than one specified in paragraph (6) the authority—
(a)must supply that basic information to the parent making the request if they are satisfied that the parent making the request has a reasonable need for the information; and
(b)otherwise, may supply that basic information to that parent.
(6) The schools specified for the purpose of paragraphs (4) and (5) are those in which the authority, having regard to the factors specified in paragraph (7), think the parent making the request is likely to wish to have that parent’s child placed.
(7) Those factors are —
(a)the age of the child;
(b)the normal or prospective place of residence of the child;
(c)any additional support needs of the child; and
(d)any affiliation of the parent to a particular religious denomination.
(8) An authority—
(a)must supply basic information of the kinds specified in Schedule 1 Part I paragraph 1(c) to the parent making the request if the requesting parent’s child has not commenced school attendance; and
(b)may supply that basic information to that parent if the parent’s child has commenced school attendance.
(9) An authority must supply basic information of the kinds specified in Schedule 1 Part I paragraphs 1(b) and (d) to (h) to a parent making a request under paragraph (1).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Impact Assessments generally accompany all UK Government interventions of a regulatory nature that affect the private sector, civil society organisations and public services. They apply regardless of whether the regulation originates from a domestic or international source and can accompany primary (Acts etc) and secondary legislation (SIs). An Impact Assessment allows those with an interest in the policy area to understand:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: