- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Scottish Statutory Instruments are not carried in their revised form on this site.
36.—(1) The Scottish Ministers may, where they are satisfied that the conditions in paragraph (2) are met, amend the declaration creating a protection zone so that the area within its boundaries becomes part of the surveillance zone centred on the same premises.
(2) The conditions for amendment of a declaration creating a protection zone are–
(a)at least 15 days have elapsed since the completion of any preliminary cleansing and disinfection in that protection zone; and
(b)a survey of all susceptible animals to substantiate the absence of infection has been carried out on behalf of the Scottish Ministers in that protection zone with negative results.
(3) The Scottish Ministers may, where they are satisfied that the conditions in paragraph (4) are met, revoke the declaration creating a surveillance zone.
(4) The conditions for revocation of a declaration creating a surveillance zone are–
(a)at least 30 days have elapsed since completion of any preliminary cleansing and disinfection in the area within the boundaries of that surveillance zone;
(b)if the declaration creating that surveillance zone also created a protection zone centred on the same premises, it has previously been amended so that the protection zone has become part of the surveillance zone;
(c)if the declaration creating that surveillance zone did not create a protection zone centred on the same premises, any zone in England or Wales having equivalent effect to a protection zone and centred on the same premises as that surveillance zone is no longer in effect; and
(d)a survey of susceptible animals to substantiate the absence of infection has been carried out in that surveillance zone since that amendment on behalf of the Scottish Ministers with negative results.
(5) An amendment or revocation under this article shall refer to the declaration creating the protection zone and surveillance zone and specify the date and time the amendment or revocation is to take effect.
(6) In this article, “preliminary cleansing and disinfection” means cleansing and disinfection required by articles 27 and 28, undertaken in accordance with paragraphs 14 and 15 of Schedule 1 and ending 24 hours after the application of disinfectant.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Executive Note sets out a brief statement of the purpose of a Scottish Statutory Instrument and provides information about its policy objective and policy implications. They aim to make the Scottish Statutory Instrument accessible to readers who are not legally qualified and accompany any Scottish Statutory Instrument or Draft Scottish Statutory Instrument laid before the Scottish Parliament from July 2005 onwards.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: