- Draft legislation
This is a draft item of legislation and has not yet been made as a Scottish Statutory Instrument.
7. (1) An inspector exercising the power of entry and inspection conferred by regulation 6 may, if that person considers it necessary or expedient for the purposes of an inspection or investigation, inspect, take copies of and remove from the premises any documents or records (including, subject to paragraph (5), personal records) held by the social work service provider.
(2) The power in paragraph (1) includes–
(a)power to require the social work service provider to produce documents or records kept on the premises; and
(b)in relation to records which are kept by means of a computer, power to require the records to be produced in a form in which they are legible and can be taken away.
(3) When inspecting records under paragraph (1), an inspector is entitled to have access to, and to check the operation of, any computer and any associated apparatus or material which is or has been used in connection with the records in question.
(4) An inspector exercising the power of entry and inspection conferred by regulation 6 may–
(a)require any person to afford such facilities and assistance with respect to matters within the person’s control as are necessary to enable the inspector to exercise powers under regulation 6 or this regulation; and
(b)take such measurements and photographs and make such recordings as the inspector considers necessary to enable exercise of those powers.
(5) The powers conferred by paragraphs (1) and (2) are not exercisable in relation to relevant medical records.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.