- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). Northern Ireland Statutory Rules are not carried in their revised form on this site.
19.—(1) IBB may provide to either of the persons specified in paragraph (2) any information specified in paragraph (3).
(2) The persons are—
(a)the Department of Education for the purposes of its functions under the Teachers’ Superannuation Regulations (Northern Ireland) 1998(1);
(b)the Secretary of State for the purposes of his functions under Part 5 of the Police Act 1997; and
(c)the Scottish Ministers for the purposes of their functions under Part 5(2) of the Police Act 1997.
(3) The information is—
(a)information provided to IBB under paragraph 20 of Schedule 1 to the 2007 Order;
(b)the fact that a person is included in a barred list;
(c)the fact that IBB is considering including a person in a barred list;
(d)the personal details of any person referred to in sub-paragraph (b) or (c);
(4) In paragraph (3) “personal details” includes the name (including any former name or alias), address, gender and date of birth of a person together with such further details as IBB considers are necessary to identify the person in question.
(5) IBB may, at the request of a person (X) who meets the requirement specified in paragraph (6), inform that person whether a person (Y) is included in a barred list.
(6) The requirement is that X satisfies IBB that X has a legitimate interest in knowing whether Y falls within paragraph (5).
(7) If IBB—
(a)knows or thinks that a person appears on the register of teachers maintained under Article 35 of the Education (Northern Ireland) Order 1998(3), and
(b)becomes aware of relevant information relating to that person,
it must provide that information to the General Teaching Council for Northern Ireland(4).
(8) In paragraph (7) “relevant information” is information which—
(a)relates to the protection of children or vulnerable adults in general, or
(b)is relevant to the exercise of any function of the General Teaching Council for Northern Ireland,
and includes information specified in paragraph (3).
The General Teaching Council for Northern Ireland is established under Article 34 of the Education (Northern Ireland) Order 1998.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: