- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
22. (1) Where required in accordance with regulation 21(4), the infrastructure manager must carry out a capacity analysis of the congested infrastructure in order to identify the reasons for the congestion and the measures which might be taken in the short and medium term to ease that congestion.
(2) In conducting the capacity analysis, and in order to identify the reasons for the congestion, the infrastructure manager must consider the—
(a)characteristics of the congested infrastructure;
(b)operating procedures used on that infrastructure; and
(c)characteristics of the different rail services which have been allocated capacity to operate on that infrastructure.
(3) In seeking to determine measures to alleviate congestion the infrastructure manager must consider, in particular—
(a)re-routing of services;
(b)re-timing of services;
(c)alterations to the line-speed; and
(4) The infrastructure manager must consult the Department during the preparation of the capacity analysis.
(5) The infrastructure manager must complete the capacity analysis within six months from the date on which the infrastructure is declared to be congested in accordance with regulation 21(1) or (3) and make the findings of the analysis available to the parties described in regulation 21(3).
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: