- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made). This item of legislation is currently only available in its original format.
2. (1) Upon receiving an originating application the Secretary shall –
(a)send a copy of it to the respondent;
(b)give every party notice in writing of the case number of the application (which shall constitute the title of the proceedings) and of the address to which notices and other communications to the Secretary shall be sent; and
(c)send to the respondent a notice in writing which includes information, as appropriate to the case, about the means and time for entering an appearance, the consequences of failure to do so, and the right to receive a copy of the decision.
(2) The Secretary shall enter such of the details of an originating application as are referred to in paragraph (4) in the Register either within 28 days of receiving it or, if that is not practicable, as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.
(3) The Secretary shall notify the parties that the services of a conciliation officer of the Labour Relations Agency are available to them.
(4) The details of an originating application to be entered in the Register are –
(a)the case number;
(b)the date the Secretary received the application;
(c)the name and address of the applicant;
(d)the name and address of the respondent;
(e)the place where the application was presented; and
(f)the type of claim brought in general terms without reference to its particulars.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: