- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
3.—(1) There shall be established departments to be known as—
(a)the Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister;
(b)the Department of Culture, Arts and Leisure;
(c)the Department of Higher and Further Education, Training and Employment;
(d)the Department for Regional Development; and
(e)the Department for Social Development.
(2) The Office of the First Minister and deputy First Minister shall be in the charge of the First Minister and the deputy First Minister acting jointly.
(3) The departments in existence immediately before the coming into operation of this Article shall continue in existence and, subject to paragraphs (4) to (7), shall continue to be known by the same names as immediately before that time.
(4) The Department of Agriculture for Northern Ireland shall be renamed the Department of Agriculture and Rural Development.
(5) The Department of Economic Development shall be renamed the Department of Enterprise, Trade and Investment.
(6) The Department of Health and Social Services for Northern Ireland shall be renamed the Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety.
(7) Where the words “for Northern Ireland” form part of the name of any other department to which paragraph (3) applies, those words shall be omitted from the name of that department.
(8) Accordingly, as from the coming into operation of this Article, there shall be the departments set out in Schedule 1.
(9) The following provisions of this Order apply in relation to the departments set out in Schedule 1.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
This timeline shows the different points in time where a change occurred. The dates will coincide with the earliest date on which the change (e.g an insertion, a repeal or a substitution) that was applied came into force. The first date in the timeline will usually be the earliest date when the provision came into force. In some cases the first date is 01/02/1991 (or for Northern Ireland legislation 01/01/2006). This date is our basedate. No versions before this date are available. For further information see the Editorial Practice Guide and Glossary under Help.
Use this menu to access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include:
Click 'View More' or select 'More Resources' tab for additional information including: