- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
This is the original version (as it was originally made).
3.—(1) The Department shall for the purposes of this Order compile and maintain in such form as it thinks fit a schedule specifying such monuments as it thinks fit.
(2) In this Order—
“the Schedule” means the schedule compiled and maintained under paragraph (1);
“scheduled monument” means a monument which is for the time being specified in the Schedule.
(3) Subject to paragraph (5), the Department shall on first compiling the Schedule include therein—
(a)any monument which, immediately before the coming into operation of this Order, is included in a schedule prepared under section 7(1) of the Historic Monuments Act (Northern Ireland) 1971(1); and
(b)any monument in respect of which the Department has before the coming into operation of this Order served notice on any person in accordance with section 7(2) of that Act of its intention to include it in such a schedule.
(4) Subject to paragraphs (5) and (6), at any time thereafter the Department may—
(a)include any monument in the Schedule;
(b)remove any monument from the Schedule;
(c)amend any entry in the Schedule relating to a monument (whether by removing anything previously included as part of the monument or adding anything not previously so included, or otherwise).
(5) The Department shall not at any time include in the Schedule any structure which is occupied as a dwelling house by any person other than a person employed as a caretaker thereof or his family.
(6) Before taking any action under paragraph (4)(a) or (b) the Department shall consult the Historic Monuments Council.
(7) As soon as may be after taking any action under paragraph (4) (a), (b) or (c) in relation to a monument, the Department shall inform the owner and (if the owner is not the occupier) the occupier of the monument of the action taken and, in the case of action under paragraph (4)(a) or (c), shall also send to him or them a copy of the entry or (as the case may be) of the amended entry.
(8) The Department shall from time to time publish a list of all the monuments which are for the time being included in the Schedule, whether as a single list or in sections containing the monuments situated in particular areas; but in the case of a list published in sections, all sections of the list need not be published simultaneously.
(9) The Department may from time to time publish amendments of any list published under paragraph (8) and any such list (as amended) shall be evidence of the inclusion in the Schedule for the time being—
(a)of the monuments listed; and
(b)of any matters purporting to be reproduced in the list from the entries in the Schedule relating to the monuments listed.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: