- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. At the current time any known changes or effects made by subsequent legislation have been applied to the text of the legislation you are viewing by the editorial team. Please see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’ for details regarding the timescales for which new effects are identified and recorded on this site.
12.—(1) For the purposes of this Part there shall be the following categories of tourist establishment, namely—
(c)bed and breakfast establishments;
(d)self‐catering establishments; F1. . .
(g)campus accommodation; and
(2) The Department may by order made subject to affirmative resolution amend paragraph (1) as for the time being in force by—
(a)adding any category of tourist establishment to the list in that paragraph;
(b)deleting any category of tourist establishment from that list;
(c)amending any category of tourist establishment in that list.
(3) An order under paragraph (2) may make such amendments to the Licensing (Northern Ireland) Order[F3 1996] as appear to the Department to be necessary or expedient in consequence of the provisions of the order.
(4) A category of tourist establishment for the time being listed in paragraph (1) is referred to in this Part as a “statutory category”.
(5) The Department shall, after consultation with the Board, by regulations prescribe, in relation to each statutory category of tourist establishment, the criteria to be met by an establishment to be eligible for allocation under this Part to that statutory category.
(6) Without prejudice to the generality of paragraph (5), the criteria to be met by an establishment to be eligible for allocation under this Part to a particular statutory category of tourist establishment may be prescribed under that paragraph by reference to—
(a)the general nature and character of the establishment;
(b)the nature, extent and standard of accommodation and services provided in the establishment; and
(c)such other matters as the Department thinks appropriate in relation to that statutory category.
(7) Different criteria may be prescribed under paragraph (5) in relation to different prescribed classes of establishment within a particular statutory category of tourist accommodation; and, in such a case, references in this Part to an establishment meeting the criteria prescribed under paragraph (5) in relation to a statutory category shall be construed as references to an establishment meeting the criteria prescribed under that paragraph in relation to the prescribed class of establishment within that statutory category to which that establishment belongs.
Annotations are used to give authority for changes and other effects on the legislation you are viewing and to convey editorial information. They appear at the foot of the relevant provision or under the associated heading. Annotations are categorised by annotation type, such as F-notes for textual amendments and I-notes for commencement information (a full list can be found in the Editorial Practice Guide). Each annotation is identified by a sequential reference number. For F-notes, M-notes and X-notes, the number also appears in bold superscript at the relevant location in the text. All annotations contain links to the affecting legislation.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: