- Latest available (Revised)
- Original (As made)
There are outstanding changes not yet made by the legislation.gov.uk editorial team to The Credit Unions (Northern Ireland) Order 1985. Any changes that have already been made by the team appear in the content and are referenced with annotations.
Revised legislation carried on this site may not be fully up to date. Changes and effects are recorded by our editorial team in lists which can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area. Where those effects have yet to be applied to the text of the legislation by the editorial team they are also listed alongside the legislation in the affected provisions. Use the ‘more’ link to open the changes and effects relevant to the provision you are viewing.
This section lists the changes and effects yet to be applied to the whole Order, associated Parts and Chapters where applicable. This includes any insertions of whole new Parts, Chapters or provisions yet to be inserted into this Order. These effects are included in this view as they may be (but won’t necessarily be) relevant to the specific provision that you are viewing.
61. (1) Where under Article 60(1)(c) the registrar might with the consent of the Department cancel the registration of a credit union, he may, by writing under his hand—
(a)subject to paragraph (3), suspend the registration of that credit union for any term not exceeding three months; and
(b)with the consent of the Department, but subject to Article 62(2)(c), renew any such suspension for the like period.
(2) Where before the expiration of the period of a notice under Article 60(2) of the proposed cancellation of a credit union's registration, that credit union duly lodges an appeal from the proposed cancellation under Article 62(2)(b), the registrar may by writing under his hand suspend the credit union's registration from the expiration of that period until the date of the determination or abandonment of the appeal.
(3) Not less than two months' previous notice in writing specifying briefly the ground of the proposed suspension shall be given by the registrar to a credit union before its registration is suspended under paragraph (1)(a).
(4) Notice of every suspension of a credit union's registration under paragraph (1)(a) or (2) and of any renewal of a suspension under paragraph (1)(b) shall, as soon as practicable after it takes place, be published in the Belfast Gazette and in any other manner which the registrar considers necessary for bringing the suspension to the notice of persons affected by the suspension.
(5) From the date of publication in the Belfast Gazette of a notice under paragraph (4) of the suspension of any credit union's registration under paragraph (1)(a) or (2) until the period of that suspension and any renewal of that suspension under paragraph (1)(b) ends (whether on the expiration of that period or on a successful appeal under Article 62(2)(c) from such a renewal) the credit union shall not be entitled to any of the privileges of this Order as a credit union, but without prejudice to any liability actually incurred by the credit union which may be enforced against it as if the suspension had not taken place.
Latest Available (revised):The latest available updated version of the legislation incorporating changes made by subsequent legislation and applied by our editorial team. Changes we have not yet applied to the text, can be found in the ‘Changes to Legislation’ area.
Original (As Enacted or Made):The original version of the legislation as it stood when it was enacted or made. No changes have been applied to the text.
Geographical Extent: Indicates the geographical area that this provision applies to. For further information see ‘Frequently Asked Questions’.
Show Timeline of Changes: See how this legislation has or could change over time. Turning this feature on will show extra navigation options to go to these specific points in time. Return to the latest available version by using the controls above in the What Version box.
Access essential accompanying documents and information for this legislation item from this tab. Dependent on the legislation item being viewed this may include: